Monday, March 1, 2010

"The Shift" by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Recently I received in the mail a free copy of "The Shift: Taking Your Life From Ambition to Meaning" by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. I had responded to a Facebook query regarding individuals who were willing to review new books published by authors under the auspices of Hay House. As a metaphysical teacher and Law of Attraction disciple, I am a long-time fan of Louise Hay, and as such I am always interested in the works published through Hay House.

I recommend this book highly to anyone who desires real change and transformation in their life. I especially recommend this book to anyone who is addicted to "doing." If your doing results in feelings other than peace, contentment and happiness, then you probably are experiencing some level of stress on the emotional, mental and physical level, and you probably are looking for a way to change that.

This book can help you with that.

I received this book at the perfect time in my own awakening and transformation. As of the end of February, I officially stepped into the "to" phase of transformation (the book is divided into four phases ~ "From," "Ambition," "To," and "Meaning" ~ and the feelings of clarity, peace, relief and optimism that I experienced while reading Dr. Dyer's words, are indescribable.

Each of us comes from a place whose essence is pure "Being." Yet, we live in a world that over-values "doing" and under-values "being." This contrast can cause a lifetime of pain, struggle, and illness. Dr. Dyer's book characterizes this contrast through personal and anecdotal examples of relatable life situations. I was able to see myself in his words, to measure the choicepoints that I have experienced in my own life, and to measure my progress (to use a very "doing" term) in my own deliberate and conscious inner transformation.

In my opinion and my experience, this book illustrates beautifully how to get back to our Authentic selves, and as a result, we can do, be and have a life experience of our dreams.

I highly recommend this book. You can find it at: